1.PATIENT CLOTHING/UNIFORMS - Pyjamas and night dress will be supplied by the hospital. If you prefer you may use your own.
2.PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND VALUABLES - Please do not bring any valuables with you. If this is unavoidable, please give them to a relative or hand them over to the Charge Sister in your ward for safekeeping. You must obtain a receipt.
NO RESPONSIBILTY WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY VALUABLES OR MONEY NOT DEPOSITED FOR SAFEKEEPING.
3.CATERING – The catering staff will visit you daily to discuss the menus. Meals for those accompanying the patient may be purchased by prior arrangement with the Catering Officer.
4.CANTEEN – The Rafiki canteen in the Hospital grounds offers refreshments and snacks. This service operates from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays and Public Holidays, and remains closed on Sundays.
5.NEWSPAPERS – Patients may order local newspapers through the Ward Sister.
6.TELEVISION – All Private rooms have television sets with cable network connections. Please contact the Ward Sister for any assistance. If you are in other wards you may watch television in common verandahs and lounges.
7.TRANSPORT – The Sister-in-Charge in your ward may be requested to assist in hiring transport for you on your discharge from the Hospital.
8.TELEPHONE SERVICE – PRIVATE ROOMS - Telephones are provided in all Private rooms. Please make your calls short. All calls will be charged.
OTHER WARDS – Where room telephone service is not provided, the public call box located on first floor should be used. If the call box is out of order the Hospital telephone located at the Reception desk may be used on payment of appropriate charges.
LONG DISTANCE CALLS – These may be booked through the Telephone Operator. Payment for calls should be made soon after you are notified of the charges. Please remember it is sometimes difficult to get the connections to overseas destinations.This may result in your being required to pay for more than one call.
9. VISITORS AND VISITING HOURS – Two visitors for each patient will be allowed at one time during visiting hours. Visitors are permitted at the following times:
MATERNITY WARD - 11:00am to 12:00 noon
- 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm (for husbands only)
The husband or one relative is allowed to remain with the patient throughout labour. The husband only may remain in the labour ward. Visiting, apart from the times given above, will be at the discretion of the Director of Nursing or respective Unit Manager.
OTHER WARDS - 11:00 am to 12:00 noon
- 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
At the discretion of the Director of Nursing or Unit Manager, one relative may be allowed to remain if a patient is seriously ill.
10.DIET – Patients wishing to have food brought from home should consult the Ward sister.
11.SMOKING – The Hospital has a “NO SMOKING” policy. For your health and out of consideration for other patients please do not smoke and ask your visitors to refrain from doing so within the Hospital premises.
12. VISITORS’ CAR PARK – Visitors to the Hospital are asked to park their cars in the Visitors’ Car Park as directed by the security guards. Only ambulances and vehicles carrying patients will be allowed into the Hospital compound.
13. COMPLAINTS – The Hospital welcomes constructive criticism which should be directed to the Unit Manager or to the Director of Nursing services during the course of her daily round or to the Patient Administrator. The Administrative Director is also available should you request him to come and see you.
14. YOUR FEEDBACK – In order to continue improving our services to all our patients and to serve you better next time please fill in the “Patient Questionnaire”. Give it to the Unit Manager at the time of your discharge.