The Mombasa Hospital, established in 1891, is a leading health care institution in the Mombasa County. The Hospital is seeking for qualified Kenyan Citizens to fill the following positions:-
- ASSISTANT LABORATORY MANAGER
- Deputize Laboratory Manager and assist in organization of all technical, operational and administrative activities of the Laboratory and ensure accurate diagnosis for treatment of patients.
- Actively participate in implementation of Quality Management System and nurture a culture of continuous improvement of the laboratory service
- Coordinate and participate in the performance and interpretation of complex tests.
- Set up, evaluate and operate current and new equipment and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests and assume adequate responsibility to maintain them including preventive maintenance.
- Evaluate collected laboratory data and prepare reports assessing accuracy, completeness, timeliness, progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Collaborating with laboratory staff in developing and documenting appropriate policies and procedures for their activities amongst others.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Laboratory Science/Technology from a recognized institution.
- Evidence of continuing medical education in sub-specialties of laboratory medicine.
- Vast knowledge of quality assurance procedures applicable to Laboratory.
- Registered and licensed with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Membership of the respective professional society/societies.
- 5 years progressive working experience in Laboratory Management in a busy hospital.
2). LABORATORY QUALITY OFFICER
- Establish and maintain the Laboratory Quality Management System (QMS)
- Defining the quality system and operational standards, and applying them to monitor and improve the quality of laboratory services.
- Implementing a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good clinical laboratory practices and applicable regulations.
- Providing guidance on relevant standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with laboratory staff in developing and documenting appropriate policies, processes and procedures for their activities.
- Coordinating internal audits of the laboratory and ensuring participation in relevant proficiency testing schemes.
- Communicating information about the performance of the QMS and distributing quality tools such as worksheets, forms, maintenance logs and audit checklists to the laboratory staff.
- Reviewing documentation periodically to ensure conformance of laboratory service delivery.
- Implementing on-going quality improvement processes while workingwith interdepartmental teams.
- Monitoring laboratory services throughout the whole lab service cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing
- Higher Diploma/Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Relevant training in ISO 15189 implementation, laboratory internal audit, method validation/verification
- Computer literacy – MS Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 5 years working experience in busy laboratory
3). MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
- Diploma in medical laboratory from a recognized institution.
- Registered member of the Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Have a minimum of 2years post qualification practical experience in a busy hospital set up.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to take up the job immediately.
4). PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST
Applicants must be holders of a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution or possesses an equivalent recognized qualification, be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board and have atleast 3 years work experience in a busy Hospital Pharmacy.
5). ANAESTHETIC ASSISTANT
Applicants should possess the following;
- Diploma in Theatre Technology or Orthopaedic Technology.
- Be able to handle minor orthopaedic cases that are managed by casts, braces & splints
- Well versed with human anatomy and physiology.
- Have knowledge and skills in aseptic technique, infection control and prevention.
- Be well conversant with latest Anaethetic machines and be able to assist Anaethetists well.
- Have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Atleast three years experience as a Theatre Technician in a busy operating theatre.
Applications enclosed with detailed CVs and copies of all certificates and testimonials and names of three referees should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Officer,
The Mombasa Hospital,
P.O Box 90294,
MOMBASA GPO 80100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date is Monday 26th June 2017.