Physiotherapy is the assessment, treatment and prevention of disorders and injuries through physical means. It enables patients to return to their optimal physical level of function and often complements other therapies and treatment
OUR PHYSIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT:
• Was established in August 2003.
• Is manned by qualified physiotherapists. Both females and male physiotherapists are available.
• Caters for both inpatients and outpatients.
• Is located on the first floor next to the female general war
• Is served by a lift to assist those patients who have problems with mobility.
• is well equipped to handle all physiotherapy needs of the patients.
- Electrotherapy: Short wave diathermy, ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators, dyro-collator unit for hot packs, IRR, ice packs, faradic stimulator, etc.
- Exercise Therapy: Exercise bicycles, pulley systems, minigym, springs, pedal excercisor, therabands, etc.
- Splinting Materials: Orthoplast, 3D thermoplast, orfit, dynacast, etc
Monday – Friday - 8.30am – 5pm (12.30 – 2pm) closed for lunch
Saturday - 8:00am – 12.30pm
Sun & Public Holidays - Closed
24 hours coverage by the physiotherapist on call.
Advanced booking and scheduling of sessions is highly recommended.